Real estate salespeople and brokerages vary widely in terms of experience, expertise and services provided, so meet with at least three salespeople before you sign an agreement. When you have a shortlist of representatives, ask each of them some questions to determine which one is right for you:
- Walk me through your real estate experience.
- Describe your general approach to buying and selling, and how your approach will best suit my needs.
- Tell me about the fees and commissions I’ll have to pay.
- Which services does your brokerage provide, and are any of them included in our agreement?
- How often will you provide me with progress updates, and how will we communicate?
- Could you please provide me with some references?